Buttery, chocolatey and nutty are the perfect words to describe these Swirled Chocolate Chip & Pecan Cookie Bars. I’ve been making these amazing bars, and in this swirly way, for about 20 years now and they are just too good to be true! Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies and knows how easy cookie bars are to make. Well, these delectable bars are the best of both worlds.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl blend together the butter, sugars and salt on low speed. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about a minute. With the mixer on low, blend in the first cup of flour with the baking powder and baking soda. Continue on low speed and add the remainder of the flour, blending just until the flour disappears.
- Spread the cookie dough in a greased 9" x 13" pan and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped pecans. Take a knife and swirl the chocolate and pecans into the cookie dough.
- Place the bars back in the oven and bake an additional 22-25 minutes, or until light golden brown and the center doesn't jiggle.
Press and spread the dough with greased hands, or place a piece of wax paper over the dough and smooth evenly.
Make sure not to over bake, because these bars are best when they're moist and just a little gooey.
Cool completely before cutting and enjoy!
Other delicious bar recipes you may also enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share & comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party