If you enjoy delicious Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars by Edy’s, also known as “America’s Favorite Fruit Bar,” then your going to love our Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar Recipe! Our fruit bars are loaded with perfectly sweetened strawberries and a kiss of lemon juice, that really enhances the strawberry flavor. They blend up in seconds and make a refreshing summer treat.
As you may know, we’re living with my parents while our homes are being built in Florida. Yes, my parents and us are moving to Florida! Well, my Dad and I have this little ritual where we have a delicious frozen fruit bar almost every night, and it wasn’t long before we pulled John and my Mom in as well. So, I thought to myself, “I could make these.” I searched the internet for the original Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar Recipe and the only one I could find was this one from Bonnie at The Pin Junkie. I modified her recipe by adding my own special ingredients and came up with these scrumptious chilly strawberry fruit bars.
Our Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars are low in calories, have zero fat and they’re full of fresh strawberries! So, it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy your fruit at the same time.
Boil the water, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved again. Stir in the lemon juice and set aside to cool.
Remove from freezer and place in warm water (not hot or cold) for about 20 – 25 seconds. Gently squeeze the sides of the molds and carefully remove the lids.
The fruit bars should pull away from the sides and slide right out. If there is resistance place the mold back in the warm water for just a few seconds.
- 1 pound (1 quart) fresh strawberries, approximately 2 1/4 cups pureed
- 1/2 cup water, filtered or bottled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, strawberry or raspberry flavored
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or lemon juice from concentrate
- Boil the water, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved again. Stir in the lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Rinse, remove the stems and cut the strawberries. Place them in a blender and blend on low until smooth.
- With the blender on low, add the gelatin/sugar mixture to the pureed strawberries.
- Pour into popsicle molds, securely put the lids on and place them in the freezer until frozen.
- Remove from freezer and place in warm water (not hot or cold) for about 20 - 25 seconds. Gently squeeze the sides of the molds and carefully remove the lids. The fruit bars should pull away from the sides and slide right out. If there is resistance place the mold back in the warm water for just a few seconds.
If you only have one mold you can put the strawberry mixture in an airtight container, place it in the refrigerator and use it within a few days. Then just repeat steps 4 & 5 above.
Servings will vary depending on the size of the molds.
Helpful & Fun Links for Fruit Bars and Popsicle Making:
- Homemade Popsicles: Recipes and Tips from Epicurious
- Help! My ice pops won’t come out of their molds! from Eco Ice Pops
Other refreshing recipes you may also enjoy!
Have you ever had a delicious Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar? Well, if you have then you know how good they are and now you have a delicious & easy recipe to make for your family and friends!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share & comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: I Heart Nap Time – Clever Chicks Blog Hop – Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party – Inspire Me Tuesday – Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Creative Ways Link Party – Saturday Sparks Link Party