With summer almost here, which means bathing suit season (ugh), I thought I’d share a healthy & delicious recipe today. This Healthy Taco Soup is really good, easy to make, has just three simple steps, and it’s loaded with fiber – big BONUS here folks! Our family has been enjoying this delicious soup for over 10 years and we all love it.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 - 15.5 ounce can black eyed peas
- 1 - 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 1 - 16 ounce can chili beans (Bush's or similar)
- 1 - 16 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 - 11 ounce can Mexicorn (Green Giant or similar)
- 2 - 10 ounce cans Mexican style diced tomatoes (Rotel or similar)
- 1 - 1 ounce packet taco seasoning (Lawry's, Taco Bell or similar)
- Brown ground sirloin in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients but do not drain liquids from the cans.
- Mix well and simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Looking for more healthy & delicious recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
We believe healthy recipes can be very delicious, and we’re always looking for ways to cut calories and fat from most of the recipes we share. Our thinking is, if you eat healthy meals you can have a little dessert too. Like our Heavenly Pineapple Angel Food Cake, which is a light, low-fat cake, by the way! 🙂