This Broccoli Cheese Soup is easy to make and has tender chunks of broccoli in a savory, creamy cheese broth! Years ago, my dear neighbor, Marcy gave me this amazing soup recipe. I hadn’t made it for years but had it on my list of recipes to share with you. I told John I was planning on making it and showed him the recipe. Well, when I came home from work the other day the house smelled like Broccoli Cheese Soup! I was pleasantly surprised that John had made it for us. We invited my Mom over and we all loved it. Give it a try, it might just be the best Broccoli Cheese Soup you’ll ever taste!
Put the olive oil and chopped onion in a large pan. Over medium heat, cook the onions until tender.
Add the cans of soup, milk, cooked broccoli and the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
Cook in a slow cooker until hot and bubbly. Note: See recipe below for stovetop instructions.
Sprinkle with pepper (optional) and serve with some delicious homemade bread.
We hope you try our Broccoli Cheese Soup and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Our delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup is easily made in a slow cooker and has tender chunks of broccoli in a savory creamy, cheesy broth!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10.75 ounces cream of celery soup (1 can)
- 10.75 ounces cream of potato soup (1 can)
- 2 3/4 cups milk (or 2 cans full)
- 16 ounces (1 package) frozen broccoli (cooked and drained) or 1 head of broccoli, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or colby jack), or your favorite shredded hard cheese
- Put the olive oil and chopped onion in a large pan. Over medium heat, cook the onions until tender.
- Add the cans of soup, milk, cooked broccoli and the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Cook in a slow cooker until hot and bubbly. Approximately 2-4 hours on high, or 5-6 hours on low.
Stove top instructions: Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot and bubbly.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Looking for more delicious soup recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.