Hello friends, I hope you enjoyed your weekend and the first week of 2013! Today I’ll be sharing a recipe for Savory Swedish Meatballs that’s been in our family for many years. It’s a favorite and my Mom always serves them as an appetizer at our Christmas Eve Celebration, because we all love ’em!
Our family’s Savory Swedish Meatballs are full of flavor and baked in a creamy gravy. They’re so good – you just have to try ’em for yourself!
In a large bowl, mix the first nine (9) ingredients and chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Then roll the mixture into small balls. In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat and brown the meatballs. Then place them in a 9″ x 13″ pan.
Put the flour and water in a container, shake to mix well and pour it into the hot skillet. Add the cream of mushroom soup, stir over low heat and cook until smooth and bubbly. Pour the gravy over the meatballs, bake them in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for one hour.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes for a delicious meal. Or you can serve them as an appetizer like we do on Christmas Eve. I hope you enjoy these Savory Swedish Meatballs as much as our family does!
Our family's Savory Swedish Meatballs are full of flavor and baked in a creamy gravy. They're great as an appetizer or can be served as an entree too!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying the meatballs
- 2 tablespoons unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 10.75 (1 can) cream of mushroom soup
- In a large bowl, mix the first nine (9) ingredients, cover, and refrigerator for 2 hours. Then roll the mixture into small balls.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Take small amounts of the mixture, roll into balls and brown them in the hot oil. You don't want to cook them all the way, just brown them. Then place the browned meatballs in a 9" x 13" pan.
- Put the flour and water in a container, shake to mix well. Pour the flour mixture into the hot skillet, add the cream of mushroom soup and cook over low heat until smooth and bubbly.
Pour the gravy over the meatballs and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes as an entree. Or serve them as an appetizer too.