We love Jennie O’s Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, it’s the best turkey sausage in our opinion.
After the turkey sausage has been browned add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook on simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This spaghetti sauce has all the right spices and it’s full of flavor! Just serve over your favorite pasta.
Our Spaghetti with Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage has healthy ingredients that will bring a smile to your family’s faces and warmth to their tummies too!
Our Spaghetti with Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage is a savory healthy meal, served with whole wheat pasta and sprinkled with Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper!
- 19.5 ounces Jenni O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (1 package)
- 24 ounces pasta sauce, any flavor (1 jar)
- 3/4 cup water, to rinse out pasta sauce jar
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 13.25 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper, optional
Remove the casing from turkey sausage, place it in a large frying pan and break it up with a spatula, as it cooks. Brown and cook thoroughly over medium heat.
Add the jar of pasta sauce, water, diced tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, parsley and bay leaves.
- Stir, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package and drain.
Use tasty whole grain pasta to add more fiber and nutrition, than regular spaghetti noodles.
Serving suggestion: Put 1 cup of whole wheat spaghetti noodles on a plate and top with 1 cup of sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper, if desired.