Good morning, I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! One of the pies we had, and always have on Thanksgiving, was my Mom’s Pumpkin Pie, so I thought I would share her recipe with you today. She was a little apprehensive to share it with my readers because it’s right on the back of the Libby pumpkin can. I told her it’s perfect because it’s an easy and delicious recipe and our family loves it! So here’s her, well, Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, ginger & cloves.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Then stir in the can of pumpkin and the sugar & spice mixture.
- Stir in the can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare a pie shell. My Mom used her flaky pie crust recipe from our Brown Paper Bag Apple Pie post. In my opinion, it’s the best, flaky pie crust – EVER!
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into a 9″ unbaked pie shell, or use my Mom’s flaky pie crust recipe.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool, top with a dollop of sweet whipped cream and serve! Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie is great served by itself, topped with whipped cream, or it would be absolutely amazing with a scoop of creamy pumpkin pecan ice cream.
We hope you try Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe is famous because it's been on LIBBY'S® Pumpkin labels since 1950 and our family loves this tried and true, delicious recipe!
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces 100% Pure Pumpkin by Libby (1 can)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (1 can)
- 1 flaky pie crust, or one 9" deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, salt & the ground spices together.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs. Stir in the pumpkin and the sugar-spice mixture. Slowly stir in the evaporated milk.
Pour into an unbaked pie shell. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Bake an additional 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a rack for 2 hours. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve plain, topped with sweet whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Helpful links for making Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie:
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!